Camp Miller is located in a pristine White Pine forest along the shoreline of beautiful Sturgeon Lake, 45 miles south of Duluth and less than two hours north of the Twin Cities, MN. Our extensive waterfront and horseback riding programs make us a premier YMCA camp.
Includes descriptions of this year's camps, the schedule of sessions, information about earning your way to camp, and more! You can also pick up a copy at the Member Service Desk.
Our goal is to provide campers with a positive experience which enhances growth in spirit, mind and body. To develop personal growth through exposure to supportive and nurturing role models. To instill a sense of community values, trust, respect, a spirit of cooperation, teamwork, leadership and independence.
We offer a world of fun and exciting learning experiences. YMCA Campers will enjoy gathering around campfires and singing campfire songs, learning about nature and the environment and how to protect it, swimming, learning water skills, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, and fishing on beautiful Sturgeon Lake.
Features…"On the Shores"
• 340 acres in the heart of Minnesota's tall pine country
• One mile of shoreline on the clear waters of Sturgeon Lake
• Extensive waterfront including swimming dock, canoes, kayaks and sailboats
• On-site infirmary, beautiful cabins and indoor bathrooms
• Safe and exciting program areas including archery range, horsebacking riding arena, miles of hiking trails, teambuilding, rifle safety & marksmanship, adventure center and arts & crafts room.
Summer Camp Activities
Camp offers an excellent variety of activities for each camper to choose. All of the activities promote character values such as respect, caring, honesty and responsibility. Campers may participate in any or all of the following:
swimming • canoeing • archery • sports • road runner • kayaking • polar bear swim • nature hikes • fishing • arts & crafts • climbing tower • horseback riding • sailing • rifle safety & marksmanship