We are ready to welcome you back to your favorite place with gratitude to you for your commitment to our cause. We opened our doors at the Cook County YMCA on June 15th. We can’t wait to see you!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Please bring a mask, sweat towel, lock, and water bottle. Water fountains will be available for bottle refills only.
- Masks are encouraged at all times while inside the Y. You may remove your mask when performing moderate to vigorous exercise.
- We will not be able to lend locks or keep your keys/belongings at the Member Service Desk at this time. Please try to keep your items you bring into the Y to a minimum.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS?
Our building hours at Cook County YMCA during Phase One of our reopening are as follows:
- Monday-Friday 7 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday 9 AM - 2 PM
- Sunday CLOSED
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
Reservations are required at the Cook County YMCA for time slots in all open areas during Phase One. To ensure all members are able to enjoy the facility, we ask that you limit your time at the Y to 90 minutes per day.
- Wellness Center: Cardio Room and Weight Room.
- Gym: Hillside Gym will have exercise equipment moved from the Cardio Room to provide social distancing.
- The gym space will be closed June 22-28 for resurfacing.
- Locker rooms (for changing and restroom purposes only)
- Indoor group exercise classes
- Outdoor group exercise classes
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION?
Reservations can be made through the schedules page here on the website. Reserved areas have capacity limits and waitlists. If you sign up on the waitlist and a spot becomes available, you will automatically be moved into the eligible spot and notified by email.
- Go to Schedules above and choose Cook County YMCA.
- Choose an area to view a schedule.
- Choose filters to adjust the date.
- Choose View Description for details on that area or activity.
- Find your selection and choose Sign-up on the far right.
- On your first reservation, choose the Create a Login tab and complete the fields.
- Log in with your email and password
- Click on Reserve a Spot. You will receive a confirmation email.
- To cancel a reservation, go to your reserved area, date, and time listing on the schedule and choose Sign Up. Log in again and then click on Cancel Reservation.
- The schedules for the Y can also be viewed on the Duluth Area Family YMCA app, Cook County YMCA location.
Members not able to sign up through the website may contact the Y to reserve a time slot: email@example.com or 218-387-3386 x 501.
WHICH AREAS ARE CLOSED?
- Kids Club Child Watch
- Pool, sauna, hot tub
- Opening July 1 at the Cook County YMCA
- Showers are by reservation only
- Towel and Kit Locker Services
- Water Fountains (bottle refill use only)
- Group Sports: Basketball, Racquetball, Volleyball, Pickleball, etc.
- Walking Track
- Open Gym
- Coffee Service
- Lobby Seating
HELP US ALL STAY SAFE
Members and staff must complete a self-assessment with a temperature check prior to checking into the facility.
WIPE DOWN EQUIPMENT
Please use the hand sanitizer as you enter and exit a space. Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe down all equipment before and after your workout.
WEAR YOUR MASK
Protect our members and staff. The Y requests that you wear your mask whenever possible, especially in common areas such as stairwells, hallways, and locker rooms. We are not encouraging people to wear masks while engaging in vigorous activity.
EXPECT REDUCED CAPACITY
Per the Governor's guidelines, we will be operating at a reduced capacity. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available. Downtown and the EWC have mobile capacity trackers available for you to check prior to your arrival. Cook County will be requiring reservations to access their facilities at this time.
KEEP THE KIDS AT HOME
We are unable to provide Kids Club, open gym, open swim, or rock wall at this time due to social distancing and capacity requirements.
STAY HOME IF YOU'RE SICK
Keep our community healthy. Please stay home if you are feeling sick. CDC and State guidelines also encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
Respect all signs regarding physical distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible and 12 feet while working out.