On May 5th, 2020 the Duluth Area Family YMCA will be joining many other nonprofits across the nation for Giving Tuesday Now. Giving Tuesday Now is a one-day giving event geared to providing an opportunity to donate to your local nonprofits, which includes the YMCA. The Duluth Area Family YMCA has set a goal of raising $10,000 to support the community in which we serve.
For information or to donate to the Duluth Area Family YMCA please go to http://www.duluthymca.org/giving-tuesday
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012, with the intention to set a day aside to celebrate the generosity of giving. While this day normally happens the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, this year May 5th has been chosen to help support the nonprofits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Donations to the Duluth Area Family YMCA support the Y’s community outreach and food access programs including:
- Food access programs to ensure that all people in our community have access to healthy meals
- Virtual fitness opportunities
- Early Childhood Education programs serving infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children
- Childcare for essential Tier 1 and Tier 2 employees
- Continuing support for senior members to address needs they may have and to engage in social interaction
- YMCA employee relief fund to support Y staff who have emergency needs during this time
The Y gives everyone the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. When you give to the Y, you are making an impact in your own neighborhood.
To learn more about Giving Tuesday and the vital work the YMCA is doing, please visit us at http://www.duluthymca.org/giving-tuesday
The Y is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Across the U.S., 2,700 Ys engage 22 million people – regardless of age, income or background – to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation’s health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. Anchored in more than 10,000 communities, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change.