Classes will teach blocking, kicking, and punching techniques emphasizing the traditional philosophy and discipline of Taekwondo. Taekwondo is a great way to spend time with your family, as all classes are family oriented! Individuals are also welcome. Ages 7+
Taekwondo specific COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Guidelines:
- All staff and students will go through a detailed health screening at check-in, including asking questions about COVID-19 symptoms, and checking temperature (with a no-contact thermometer) to screen for fever.
- Masks or face coverings will be required at all times except when exertion levels rise to moderate to vigorous activity or when getting a drink
- Individuals are welcome to wear their face covering throughout the entire class if they choose, but this will not be a requirement at this time
- Class sizes will be limited to a maximum roster of 25 individuals to stay within Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) sport pod size restrictions and fitness facility capacity guidelines for our 3rd floor space.
- While parents can ensure their child arrives to class safely, no spectators or non-rostered individuals will be allowed to stay during class
- We will be practicing physical distancing, so we will be staying 10 feet (3m) apart during class. This is further than the normal 6 ft (2m) distance usually recommended, since we will be exercising and breathing harder than normal
- There will be no contact during class, so we'll practice modified one-steps with no partners, and there will be no sparring
- Water fountains are turned off, however bottle filling stations are available to fill up personal water bottles
- Additional cleaning procedures have been put in place to help mitigate the spread of germs through touch-points:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the 3rd floor for use throughout class.
- Any equipment used will be sanitized following each class. Foam flooring will not be used at this time.
- All high-use touch points are disinfected multiple times throughout the day in the lobby, locker rooms, bathrooms, and stairwells.
- In the case of a lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 test within the program, the Y will work closely with the MDH and Saint Louis County Public Health to inform any individuals who may have been exposed to COVID-19 in a timely manner. All information will be kept confidential in accordance with YMCA, local, and state-wide policy.
Introductory Class: Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
This program is for those who are new to Taekwondo. Students should wear loose, comfortable clothing.
Cost: Member $47.00 | Community $80.00
This program is for those who have already completed the introductory class. This year-round class is designed for those interested in continuing their Taekwondo education. A white, traditional uniform is required.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30-7:30 P.M.
Fall I Session: September 15 - October 29
Cost: Member $66.50 | Community $105.00