The YMCA Camp Miller Boys’ Diversity Scholarship Fund was established by an anonymous donor to increase access to summer camp for those who may not have had the life-changing experience of attending camp.
This fund provides annual scholarships for diverse youth with financial need to join with others in learning about nature, growing their independence and confidence, and building friendships at Camp Miller.
Campers at Camp Miller experience a community of promise that supports the development of youth. This scholarship’s aim is to empower young men by equipping them with life and leadership skills, while increasing positive interactions within their communities.
The following criteria are to be considered for the selection of recipients for this scholarship by the Camp Miller Scholarship Selection Committee:
- Boys ages 9-14
- Boys from diverse backgrounds
- Boys who live in families or neighborhoods struggling with poverty
- Boys who are first time campers and/or would benefit from a camping experience
Through this campship, boys with diverse backgrounds will have a pathway to support, services, and opportunities that will help them reach their full potential.
Process for selection:
- Camp Miller Scholarship Selection Committee will review scholarship applicants and identify those who meet the above criteria
- Applicants will be notified and recognized as recipients of the Boys’ Diversity Scholarship
- At least one camper will be selected to take part in the Leaders in Training Program, which requires an essay application
- All scholarship recipients will be asked to share their feedback on the camping experience.
- This scholarship fund will be open to online donations throughout the year