‘En garde, prêts, allez!’
Looking to try something new? Fencing is a sport which takes a great deal of skill, discipline, and determination to out-compete your opponent using both brain and brawn. Our experienced instructors, Kris and Derek, are excited to help others learn the footwork, foil handling, and rewards this Olympic sport has to offer. Youth, adults, and families welcome. Ages 10-11 must register with a parent/guardian.
Winter I Session: January 12th - February 18th, 2021
Winter II Session: February 23rd - April 1st, 2021
Spring Session: April 6th - May 13th, 2021
Cost: Member $50 | Community $80
Intro to Fencing
Fencing I is currently suspended due to COVID-19. Please stay tuned for updates.
Fridays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Participants must furnish their own foil fencing equipment and face covering.
- Must have completed Intro to Fencing and/or received instructor approval to move into Continuing Fencing.
Fencing Specific Guidelines/Policies in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- In accordance with Executive Order 20-103, masks or face coverings will be required at all times except when getting a drink. Face coverings will be required during bouts, worn under the fencing mask.
- Participants are encouraged to supply their own equipment. If a participant needs to use Y equipment, the equipment will be assigned to them for the full session and laundered and disinfected prior to the next session beginning.
- Capacity restrictions for each space will be enforced (3rd floor space currently has a max capacity of 25).
- Non-registered individuals will not be allowed to spectate during practice unless necessary for medical or safety purposes.