‘En garde, prêts, allez!’
Looking to try something new? Fencing is a sport which takes a great deal of skill, discipline, and determination to out-compete your opponent using both brain and brawn. Our experienced instructors, Kris and Derek, are excited to help others learn the footwork, foil handling, and rewards this Olympic sport has to offer. Youth, adults, and families welcome. Ages 10-11 must register with a parent/guardian.
Cost: Member $47 | Community $80
Intro to Fencing
Fencing I is currently suspended due to COVID-19. Please stay tuned for updates.
Fridays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Participants must furnish their own foil fencing equipment and face covering.
- Must have completed Intro to Fencing and/or received instructor approval to move into Continuing Fencing.
Fencing Specific Guidelines/Policies in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Masks or face coverings will be required at all times, except when performing individual training drills/exercises that require moderate to vigorous exertion or when getting a drink. Face coverings will be required during a bout, worn under the fencing mask.
- Participants are encouraged to supply their own equipment. If a participant needs to use Y equipment, the equipment will be assigned to them for the full session and laundered and disinfected prior to the next session beginning.
- Capacity restrictions for each space will be enforced (3rd floor space currently has a max capacity of 25).
- Non-registered individuals will not be allowed to hang out and spectate during practice